A really summery platter of grilled peppers with sun-dried tomatoes and mozzarella pearls. Make a day in advance and chill in the fridge until required. Serve with crusty bread for a simple starter or as part of a summer buffet.
Serves 6 as a starter or part of a buffet.
Ready in 1 hour plus marinating.
- 6 mixed red, yellow and orange peppers
- 1 x 280g jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- 2 x 125g tubs mozzarella pearls, drained
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp balsamic oil
- Handful fresh basil leaves, shredded
Instead of mozzarella try another cheese, such as crumbled feta or slices of Brie or Camembert.
- Halve all the peppers, leaving the stalks on. Remove and discard the pith and seeds. Place all the peppers, skin-side up, on a grill pan and grill under a moderate heat for 7-8 minutes, until the skins are blistered and charred in places. Leave until cool enough to handle, then peel off as much of the skin from each pepper as you can
- Place all the grilled peppers, cut-side up, on a large platter. Drain and roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes (reserving the oil). Fill each pepper half with some of the tomatoes, along with the mozzarella pearls and capers. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix the reserved sun dried tomato oil with the balsamic vinegar and pour over and around the peppers. Cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for a few hours or overnight. Serve garnished with the shredded basil leaves.